Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) Toolkit Training
The SME Toolkit is a project of the International finance Corporation (IFC) a member of the world Bank Group. The IFC assists private companies, industries and governments in problem solving, provide trainings as well as advice to national and local governments on how to improve the investment climate and strengthen basic infrastructure.
The Toolkit is a web based platform containing a wide range of best-of-class business tools, content and software applications intended to enable owners and managers of small and medium enterprises (SME's) to improve their management practices and ultimately grow their businesses.
Enterprise Development Center (EDC) in partnership with IFC organized the Training of Trainers (TOT) program to make other organizations sub-partners who will in turn deliver/deploy the toolkit training as an avenue to reach Small and Medium Enterprises.
Lonadek's Vision for SME's
Lonadek is focussed on increasing Nigerian Content in the high technology driven sectors of the Nigerian economy. Through its relationship with the IFC and EDC it aims to increase professionalism and equip managers of small and medium scale enterprises (SME's) with the skills needed to achieve and sustain success as entrepreneurs. The goal is to transform SME's into multinationals and transgenerational businesses. .
It is worth noting that of the 400 applications received by EDS (Now EDC), 40 were interviewed and only 12 including Lonadek were selected to be the first ever SME toolkit training partners.
Benefits of the SME Toolkit to Potential Clients
- The toolkit will serve as a guide in planning, improving and measuring business performance and ensure continued sustainability
- Will show SME's how to start or run their businesses without getting their fingers burnt
- Will help in avoiding pitfalls that will affect the bottom-line
- Will show how to source for business related information
- Offer insights into areas of the business that require support
- Will guide SME's in selection, recruitment and employee management
- Give access to customized business forms, templates thereby reducing overhead costs
- Serve as a guide in decision making and understanding basic accounting terms like balance sheet, Income statement, Current ratio calculation, Depreciation, Cash flow budget etc.
- Calculate costs and risks of obtaining loans
- Will help SME's build and launch their website for free
SME Toolkit Training Modules
The tool kit is a computer based training programme requiring that each participant is literate and has basic computer skills. The following modules classified as categories and sub-categories in the toolkit will be taught.
Course Content (Categories and Sub-Categories)
- Deciding on a Business
- Checklist for Starting a New Business
- Common Startup Mistakes
- Effective Competitive Analysis
- Creating an Effective Business Plan
- Creating an Effective Job Description
- Know Who You Want to Hire
- Tips for successful interviewing
- How to run a formal meeting
- Tips for retention strategy
- Job performance feedback form
- Sample script for employee job satisfaction feedback
- Employee disciplinary action form
- Tips for managing termination
Marketing and Sales
- Market Research Techniques
- How to be aware of your prospect's needs
- Sales forecasting tool
- Marketing communication prioritization
- Providing superior customer service
- Customer satisfaction survey form
- Customer service action form
Accounting and Finance
- Preparation of financial statements(Basic concepts)
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Current Ratio Calculator
- Debt to asset ratio calculator
- Gross profit margin calculator
- Cash flow budget worksheet
- Loan payment calculator
- Customer Statement of Account
Developing and Marketing your Web Site
- Develop your website marketing plan
- Common website misconceptions
- Shop factory