Energy Project Development – Project Associate
Summary of Responsibilities
This Project Associate will report to the Project Development Leader. The Project Associate will maintain project profomas and other analysis critical for identification, selection and development of investible power projects. As directed by the execution director, the project Associate will also work with other team members including legal/compliance, debt & equity capital markets, Energy Financial Services functional teams, as well as the commercial team inclusive of equipment sales and GPO/EPC relationship manager.
Details of Responsibilities
- Identify, screen, select and negotiate new project development opportunities
- Identify, screen and structure business deals and opportunities
- Promote progress on existing projects, either by supporting the co-developer and/or by undertaking development initiatives as required from time to time.
- Protect our client's Africa's interest both within and outside contractual arrangements.
- Follow-up on project progress & budgets and report to team.
- Support sell-up activities on current deals or projects.
- University degree, preferably in engineering and/or finance.
- MBA or Master's degree in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in similar infrastructure position (Energy) with strong understanding of the key stakeholders, environment including project development agreements, EPC Agreements, management of consultants and subcontractors, land deals, permitting procedures, project finance structures and financial models.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) qualifications.
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- Fluency in English language
- Solid Knowledge of African Market / Environment.
Required Skills & Experience
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and pro-active.
- Ability to work independently as well as ability to work well with diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated project management and financial skills in cost/budgeting.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Computer literate (Word / Excel / Power point and MS Project).
- Proven ability to influence and drive change through exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated tendency to challenge the status quo and drive constant improvement in process and ability to achieve organizational goals.
- Great presentational skills, able to present ideas in a way that produces understanding and impact.
- Ability to resolve complex issues within specified area.
- Ability to develop and execute multiple priorities and approaches to meet objectives.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate across a distributed workforce.